AI stands for “artificial intelligence” we can define AI as any time a computer or machine does something that would require the intelligence of a human. A machine with the capability to perform intellectual functions such as learning, reasoning and solve problems. Artificial intelligence exists when a machine has intellectual ability.
Now a days, AI is used in almost all industries like in banking, food chain, education, technology, fashion, aviation etc.
- Search engines like Google use AI to fetch the most appropriate result for a search made by the user.
- Various types of online ads use AI to determine who should see a specific ad, based on past behavior, interests and search queries.
- Chatbots are becoming more common in various industries for any kind of assistance to customers immediately and efficiently.
- Voice searches on smart speakers or even smartphones use AI for better results of all searches made by user.
- Email services use AI to filter incoming emails. Users can segregate their spam emails by marking emails as “spam”.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has two important subsets i.e. Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL). AI (Artificial Intelligence) is parent of ML (Machine Learning) and ML (Machine Learning) is parent of DL (Deep Learning). Now we will discuss more about ML & DL.
Machine learning is the process of studying algorithms which is based on the idea that there exist some patterns in the data that were identified and used for future predictions. Machine learning is a subset of artificial intelligence (AI) that provides systems the ability to automatically learn and improve from experience without being pre-programmed. It is statistical based. Artificial Intelligence is the concept that a computer can respond as human. It can be simply said that AI is the technology that mimics human aptitudes. Machine learning is a distinct subset of AI that trains a machine how to learn.
Most of us are unaware that on daily basis we used to interact with Machine Learning. Every time we Google something, listen to a song or even take a photo, Machine Learning is the part of the engine behind it, constantly learning and improving from every previous interaction.
Deep learning is a subset of machine learning in artificial intelligence (AI) that has networks capable of learning unsupervised from data that is unstructured or unlabeled. DL (Deep Learning) does not mean the machine learns more in-depth knowledge. It means the machine uses different layers or patterns to learn from the data. Deep learning is being used for facial recognition, chatbots, translations, vision for drones.